ScaleGrid was founded in 2012 in Seattle, Washington by Dharshan Rangegowda, a former principal lead developer of Microsoft’s Azure Cloud platform. In 2012, ScaleGrid graduated from the AngelPad incubator in San Francisco, CA. Later that year, Dharshan launched the first private cloud management solution that lets you run both public cloud and on-premise from a single platform.
ScaleGrid was built to provide an enterprise-grade Database-as-a-Service hosting solutions and powerful management tools. Their fully managed platform is used by thousands of developers, startups and enterprise businesses, currently support MongoDB Database, Redis, MySQL and PostgreSQL on private clouds and public clouds with cloud providers Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and DigitalOcean, and on-premise support for VMWare and OpenStack, along with 24/7/365 support and consulting services.
Scalegrid offers a variety of services to help businesses manage their databases in the cloud. Some of the key features of Scalegrid’s platform include:
- Automated backups: Scalegrid provides automatic backups of all databases, with customizable backup schedules and retention policies.
- High availability: Scalegrid’s platform provides high availability for all databases, with automatic failover and replica set creation for MongoDB clusters.
- Scalability: Scalegrid allows users to scale their databases up or down as needed, with support for sharding and replica sets for MongoDB clusters.
- Security: Scalegrid provides security features such as SSL encryption, IP whitelisting, and two-factor authentication to protect databases from unauthorized access.
- Monitoring and alerting: Scalegrid provides detailed monitoring and alerting for all databases, with customizable alerts and dashboards.
Scalegrid’s platform is designed to be easy to use and flexible, with support for multiple databases and customizable configurations, making it a popular choice for businesses that want to offload the management of their databases.